This delicious crumble is so easy to make. No refined carbs here! Only whole oats and almonds which make a crunchy rich topping. You can play around with the fruit combinations; rhubarb and plums also work really well.
4-5 apples cooking apples (enough to half fill a large dish)
Optional: handful of blackberries
2 heaped tablespoons coconut oil
2 heaped tablespoons butter
5 tablespoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 190oC.
2. Peel and slice the apples and add them to your dish.
3. Blend the almonds, using either a blender or food processor, into a crunchy powder.
4. Melt the coconut oil and butter. You can use all coconut oil if you need a dairy-free recipe.
5. In a bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, maple syrup, coconut oil, butter and cinnamon.
6. Add the crumble topping to the apples.
7. Bake in the oven for 40-45 mins or until brown and the apples are cooked (test this using a knife and see if they are soft.