These are based on a Waitrose recipe. I’ve made it healthier by reducing the sugar content so they can be enjoyed guilt free! They are gluten free as they use ground almonds and oat flour - also great as there is no real flour in the shops at the moment! They can easily be made dairy free by using coconut oil and an alternative milk.
150g ground almonds
100g oats - grind to a flour
40g cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder
40g brown sugar
100g melted butter
4 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp milk
80g good quality dark chocolate (I used 85% cocoa) chopped into chunks.
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC.
2. Mix the ground almonds, ground oats, cacao, baking powder and brown sugar in a bowl.
3. Add the melted butter, maple syrup and milk and mix well.
4. Stir in the chopped dark chocolate.
5. Spoon the mixture out onto a baking tray covered with baking parchment.
6. Bake for 10-14 mins.
7. Allow to cool then enjoy with a cup of tea!