A tasty alternative to regular oatcakes, delicious with butter, cheese or hummus.
100g oats – milled in a blender
100g stoneground oatmeal
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
5 sundried tomatoes finely chopped
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 190oC
2. Using a food processor, blend the oats to a flour-like consistency.
3. Add this to a bowl and mix in the stoneground oatmeal and salt.
4. Finely chop the sundried tomatoes and add them to the mix.
5. Add the extra virgin olive oil and mix through with your hands
6. Slowly add the hot water and knead the mixture together. Continue to knead until the mix is no longer sticky.
7. Roll out the mix to roughly 3mm thickness
8. Cut the oatcakes out using either a cutter or a jar
9. Place on a baking tray and bake for 20 mins, until lightly golden (turn them over half way through).