These are very similar to the KIND bars available in shops. They are packed full of protein and healthy fats. Perfect for an afternoon snack!
300g mixed nuts
100g brown rice puffed cereal (I use a Waitrose one pictured below as it also contains seeds and coconut)
Half a teaspoon sea salt
6 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
140g dark chocolate (aim for 85% cocoa)
1. Preheat the oven to 170oC. Line an 8-inch square baking tin with baking parchment.
2. Add the nuts, cereal and salt to a large bowl and stir until well mixed.
3. Add the maple syrup/honey to the nut mix and stir until it is all mixed in.
4. Pour this into the baking tin and smooth down to create as even a layer as possible.
5. Bake for 30-40 mins.
6. Allow to cool completely (I popped mine in the fridge for about an hour) then slice into bars (choose your own sizes).
7. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. Once melted, dip the bars into the chocolate so the bottom is coated. Place the bars, chocolate side up, back onto the baking parchment.
8. Once the bars are all covered on one side, place them back in the fridge until the chocolate has set.
9. Remove from the fridge, and drizzle the bars with more melted chocolate (on the opposite side that you did before). Place them back in the fridge to set.
10. Enjoy! These keep best in the fridge.