These make a great healthy, filling snack. Have them with butter, cheese, hummus or a nut butter.
100g stoneground oatmeal
25g milled linseed
25g pumpkin seeds
50g melted butter (this can be replaced with olive oil for a dairy-free alternative)
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 190oC
2. Using a food processor, blend the rolled oats and pumpkin seeds to a flour-like consistency.
3. Add this to a bowl and mix in the milled linseed, stoneground oatmeal and salt.
4. Add the melted butter and mix through with your hands
5. Slowly add the hot water and knead the mixture together. Continue to knead until the mix is no longer sticky.
6. Roll out the mix to roughly 3mm thickness
7. Cut the oatcakes out using either a cutter or a jar
8. Place on a baking tray and bake for 30 mins, until lightly golden (turn them over after 15 mins).